What a year! 2018 marked a memorable Denton Community Market season! We ended the 2018 season with a wonderful Holiday Market with beautiful weather. Thousands of people (and some pets – always welcome) came out and shopped over 70 local vendors and producers, Santa was there for pictures, Vocal Magic and local musicians sang us Holiday favorites, and kids activities filled the Market with laughter and fun! We are so thankful we are able to share these times with you, Denton!
The 2018 Market season started with a cold and windy Opening Day, and a slightly warmer Opening Day Re-Do! We had multiple community events including Mother’s Day/Dia de las Madres, Harvest Days, Hispanic Heritage Festival, Farm Heritage Day, Spooky Market, plus our FUN-draisers – Pawsitive Vibes and the Square Roots Community Art Show! We saw more rainy days than we prefer, but Market shoppers and vendors showed their dedication by attending as much as possible! We are grateful for the dedicated vendors, shoppers, and community members that support our local Market!
Shopping Local for the Holidays makes a big impact on local businesses – and supports your fellow neighbors and families while finding unique and one-of-a-kind gifts for your friends and families.
You can keep supporting local vendors all winter with these helpful tips:
- Follow Vendors on Social Media: many have Facebook, Instagram, Etsy
- Online Orders: ordering online helps vendors keep consistent sales
- Local Deliveries: some vendors will do local deliveries to Denton and surrounding areas (contact vendors directly for delivery coordination)
- Visit Farms (if permitted) and local Shops: some farms permit on-the-farm pick ups & some vendors have brick & mortar stores or have items in stores.
- Buying Direct keeps money circulating in our local economy & supports the vendors year-round.
- Supporting local economies: your direct support of vendors has a compound effect on our local economy, as we support our communities that continue creative, agricultural, and small business endeavors
You can find our 2018 Vendor profiles and links to their information at our website: http://www.
We wish everyone Happy Holidays this Winter! We hope everyone has a happy and healthy Winter!
We have big plans in 2019 for our 10th Year Anniversary Market Season and Celebrations! Follow us on social media and our newsletters to get all the information!