August marks halfway through our season!
August features Early Bird Market days continued, National Farmers Market Week and Denton Farmers Market Week, and Sunday Funday Brunch benefitting the Denton Community Market! Our Fundraising Campaign continues, as we need over $4,500 raised by August 15th.
Please help us raise $4,500 by August 15th, 2018 to continue our community programs to enable Denton families to have access to locally-produced healthy food, locally-produced goods, family-friendly activities, and to promote small business incubation.
Your generous tax-deductible donation will support:
- Our WIC Voucher program and SNAP token program
- The DCM Certified Farmers Program
- Live-streaming of live music at the Market
- Coordination of community activities and vendor participation
- Equipment for the Market (such as canopies, banners, supplies),
- Operating costs such as insurance, accounting, and other vital support,
- Events at the Market, such as two Harvest Days, Spooky Market, and other
We need to raise 60% of our operating costs through donations, sponsorships, and grants each year. For businesses and persons that share our commitment to our farmers’ market, want to support families in need in the Denton area, and want to support the community and businesses, this is an excellent opportunity to make an impact.
We thank you for your support.
Your Denton Community Market Community
August 5 – 11, 2018
National Farmers Market Week
On August 7, Mayor Chris Watts will proclaim the week of August 5 – 11, 2018, as Denton Farmers Market Week, in conjunction with the observance of National Farmers Market Week at the City Council Meeting.
1. Visit your local farmers Market: the Denton Community Market open Saturdays!
2. Support the Farmers! Did you know farmers receive only 15 cents of every food dollar that shoppers spend at traditional food retail outlets, like grocery stores? But when you shop at a farmers market, 100% of your food dollar goes directly to the farmer. So be sure to buy some farm-fresh food when you visit. Your support is particularly important to new and young farmers, who rely on farmers markets to grow their business.
3. Become a volunteer! It takes a lot of work to operate a farmers market, and often with limited staff and a tight budget. Reach out to your local market and find out how you can help.
4. Spread the word! Tell your friends and family why you love farmers markets, and encourage them to become regular shoppers. Become an influencer for local agriculture
Sunday Funday Brunch – Fundraiser at Andy’s
12 noon – 3 PM
The Denton Community Market will be holding a fundraiser at Andy’s on the Square to raise funds for operating costs and SNAP and internet access. Food for purchase at Andy’s. Live music featuring the Boombachs. Stay tuned for more details.