Rules & Requirements
- The Denton Community Market is a producer-only market. A producer-only market is defined as a market in which all items sold/offered are grown/produced by the producer of the product.
- The Denton Community Market is a local market. Only products created within a 100-mile radius of Denton are allowed for sale. *Limited exceptions granted on a case-by-case basis for agricultural products that are not available locally. See ‘Farmers & Growers’ section of the handbook for more info.
- Resell of items is not allowed.
- Distributor products like Scentsy, Origami Owl, It Works, etc. are not allowed.
- Items with purchased elements must be “significantly transformed” from their original state to be eligible for sale at Market.
- The Market does not allow the sale of firearms, ammunition, fireworks, or other hazardous items (determined on a case by case basis).
- All vendors with taxable items must have a valid Texas Sales Tax ID number to participate in the Market.
- Sales Tax ID numbers can be obtained online here.
- For Vendor questions contact the Vendor Coordinator, Rachel Weaver: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is something very special about this market. Maybe it’s the entrepreneurial spirit of the vendors like you or the openness of vendors to work together and support each other. There are many reasons to join our market, and we hope you will! Please reach out if you have any questions.
Ready to Become a Vendor?
- All Vendors should read the 2017 Vendor Handbook for rules, guidelines, and important information about the Denton Community Market.
- All Vendors will be required to re-submit updated Vendor Applications for the 2018 Market Season.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Denton Community Market’s vendor membership. Since our beginning, the Market has been a proud small business incubator. It is our goal to see your business grow and succeed; and we are here to help you along the way.